Education and Training in Autism and Developmental Disabilities focuses on the education and welfare of persons autism spectrum disorder, intellectual disability, and developmental disabilities. ETADD invites research and expository manuscripts and critical review of the literature. Major emphasis is on identification and assessment, educational programming, characteristics, training of instructional personnel, rehabilitation, prevention, community understanding and provisions, and legislation.
Three reviewers evaluate each manuscript anonymously. Criteria for acceptance include the following: relevance, reader interest, quality, applicability, contribution to the field, and economy and smoothness of expression. The review process requires two to four months.
Viewpoints expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily conform to positions of the Editors or the Division.
Submission of Manuscripts
- Manuscript submission is a representation that the manuscript is the author's own work, has not been published, and is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Manuscripts must be prepared according to the recommendations in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (Sixth Edition, 2009).
- Each manuscript must have a cover sheet giving the names and affiliations of all authors and the address of the principal author.
- Research studies, including experimental (group and single-subject methodologies), quasi-experimental, surveys, and qualitative designs should be no more than 20–30 typewritten, double-spaced pages, including references, tables, figures, and an abstract.
- Graphs and figures should be originals or sharp, high quality photographic prints suitable, if necessary, for a 50% reduction in size.
- Five copies of the manuscript along with a transmittal letter should be sent to the Editor: Stanley H. Zucker, Special Education Program, P.O. Box 871811, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287-1811.
- Upon receipt, the Editor will screen each manuscript. Appropriate manuscripts will then be sent to consulting editors. Principal authors will receive notification of receipt of manuscript.
- The Editor reserves the right to make minor editorial changes that do not materially affect the meaning of the text.
- Manuscripts are the property of ETADD for a minimum period of six months. All articles accepted for publication are copyrighted in the name of the Division on Autism and Developmental Disabilities.
- Please describe subjects (or any other references to persons with disabilities) with a people first orientation. Also, use the term “intellectual disability” (singular) to replace any previous term used to describe the population of students with significant limitations in intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior as manifested in the developmental period.